If you’re afraid of death, this post probably isn’t for you. As it
turns out, your house is full of objects that could kill you. You
probably use them every day, but having them in your house means that
you’re regularly courting death.
How many of the items on this list do you keep in your home?
1. Chili peppers
Flickr / Peter-Ashley Jackson
Chili peppers are known for making things spicier, but the thing that
makes them so spicy is a chemical called capsaicin, which can cause
death if consumed in excess.
Flickr / Simone Bosotti
Large doses of this seemingly innocuous spice can, in fact, kill you.
Since nutmeg is actually a hallucinogenic, ingesting too much of it can
cause convulsions, seizures, and even death.
3. Rapeseed oil
Flickr / Mathew Bedworth
The oil produced by the rapeseed plant is extremely toxic. Aside from killing you, this oil can also cause you to go blind.
4. Air freshener
Flickr / With Associates
Air fresheners are actually just chemical cocktails. They’re deadly when consumed, and they’re also extremely flammable.
Flickr / DncnH
Easter lilies are not only poisonous to humans, but they’re poisonous
to pets, too. If you decide to chow down on these flowers, there’s a
good chance that you’ll experience flu-like symptoms. Those symptoms can
eventually lead to death.
Flickr / Matthias Ripp
The mushrooms that are growing in your backyard might not be as safe
as you think. Over 100 species of mushrooms can kill humans. Instead of
picking them from your property, stick to the grocery store.
Flickr / Andrea Pokrzywinski
A great source of protein, salmon is a commonly eaten fish. But some
farm-raised salmon contain toxins that are harmful to humans. If you
can’t bare to part with this healthy staple, try to find fish that were
caught in the wild.
8. Nail polish
Flickr / Arienne McCracken
Nail polish is yet another chemical cocktail that’s probably sitting
in your house right now. Even brands that claim to avoid using chemicals
are full of toxins, so please…just don’t put nail polish anywhere near
Flickr / pawpaw67
Certain lipsticks contain lead. Ingestion of lipstick can lead to an
array of medical complications, including death. Because of where these
are applied, it’s probably best to do some research into lead-free
Flickr / Dick Thomas Johnson
Have no fear, chocolate lovers! This is more for your pets. The
darker the chocolate is, the more harmful it will be to your four-legged
Make sure you avoid these items like the plague. There’s no sense in
bringing dangerous items into your home, right? We all want to live long
and happy lives, so don’t die at the hands of something you can easily